[texhax] listoffigures doesn't work with redefined enviroment

Alexandre Kretchetov krechet at stanford.edu
Tue May 24 22:54:43 CEST 2005

Dear Community

 I'm redefining my figure envirement in the folloving way to have a nice
Figures exactly where I want them, but after modification \listoffigures
produces blank page.

Does anybody know how to fix it?

Thank you in advance
 Alexandre

================================

\renewenvironment{figure}                        % FIGURE (not float)
{%                                               % Begin new environment
  \vskip 12pt plus 4pt minus 12pt
  \noindent
  \begin{minipage}{\textwidth}%
  \begin{center}
  \refstepcounter{figure}
  \FIGtrue
}
{%                                               % End environment
  \end{center}
  \vskip 6pt plus 2pt minus 2pt%
  \setbox\b at x=\hbox{\captionbox}
  \captionbox%                               % print deferred caption
  \end{minipage}%
  \vskip 10pt plus 4 pt minus 4pt%
  \FIGfalse
}