[texhax] List of Figures

Konstantin Karapetyan texnic at photonica.ru
Tue May 17 07:38:03 CEST 2005

Dear all,

Could you please tell me, if and how it is possible to redefine the
list of figures in the following way:
1. The number of figure should go not just as a number but as
   “Drawing. number.” (the figures are named “Fig. number”
2. There should be no page number and dots before it, I need just a
   list of figures.

Currently I have the following redefinition concerning figures and lof
in my class file:

\makeatletter

\addto\captionsenglish{\renewcommand{\figurename}{Fig.}}

% replace : with . in caption
\renewcommand{\@makecaption}[2]{%
\vspace{\abovecaptionskip}%
\sbox{\@tempboxa}{#1. #2}