[texhax] subfigures

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Sat May 14 18:45:27 CEST 2005

M.N.A.Smadi :

> hi;
>
> I have 4 figures that i want to label as x.a and x.b and y.a and y.b   (where
> x and y are the numbers that tex assigns). I think that is called subfigures,
> How can i do that?
>
> Also, how can i force tex to show x.a and x.b on the same page without anyt
> other contents in the page?
>
> thanks
> m.smadi

use the subfig package, it's the new version of subfigure but not
backwards compatible (hence the name change)

then use

\begin{figure}[p] % to have a float on a float page
\centering % better than center
\subfig[caption text\label{xa}]{figure}
\qquad
\subfig[another caption\label{xb}]{figure}
\caption{overall caption}
\label{main}
\end{figure}

--

/daleif

``You cannot help men permanently by doing for them
what they could and should do for themselves. ''
  -- Abraham Lincoln