[texhax] tables in columns in Beamer?

Steve Schwartz s.schwartz at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Mar 14 00:30:50 CET 2005

Christopher,

I'm surprised what you tried doesn't work, but why not just put the two
side by side on the same line:

\includegraphics{} \begin{tabular}....\end{tabular}

and if you need more control, use the array package to control the
vertical positioning and wrap everything in a tabular environment:

\usepackage{array}

\begin{tabular}{m{0.4\textwidth}m{0.4\textwidth}}
\includegraphics{...} & \begin{tabular}...\end{tabular}
\end{tabular}

Use p{0.4....} to align on the top of the row, b{..} to align on the
bottom.

Alternatively, try putting your tabular inside an \mbox in a column.

Steve

On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 22:19, Christopher W. Ryan wrote:
> I would like to make a Beamer slide containing a pdf graphic
> side-by-side with a table.  I have figured out how to use the columns
> environment in Beamer, and I can get text to appear in columns.  I can
> get the graphic to appear in a column, next to text.  But it doesn't
> seem to like the tabular environment inside a column.  Any suggestions
> how to do this?  Thanks.
Professor Steven J Schwartz       Phone: +44-(0)20-7594-7660
Space and Atmospheric Physics     Fax:   +44-(0)20-7594-7772
The Blackett Laboratory           E-mail: s.schwartz at imperial.ac.uk
Imperial College London           Office: Huxley 6M70
London SW7 2BW, U.K.              Web: http://www.sp.ph.ic.ac.uk/