[texhax] \vline and fat column rules

Fabian Scheler fabian.scheler at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 16:14:22 CEST 2005

Hi,

> Click on TeX FAQ below, type array in the keyword search box and then select
>
>  • The thickness of rules in LaTeX tables
>
> That should help.

first of all, thanks for your kind answer, but unfortunately your hint
did not help me a lot, neither did the documentation of the booktabs
package. I know how to alter the width of vertical and hoirzontal
rules, and I know how to embed this stuff into the \hline and \cline
commands. But there's one problem, I use the \multicolumn-command
serveral times, and to attain vertical rules (I decided to use
vertical rules even despite of some layout rules propagating the
opposite) in combination with \multicolumn one needs \vline. As
already mentioned I also managed to embed the rule-width-stuff into my
\vline-command, but the vertical rule created with my speical version
of the \vline-command is shifted a little bit to the left and is not
in flush with the rest of the vertical rule. Is there a way to solve
this problem at all? I was not able to figure this out from the TeX
FAQ.

Thanks in advance and sorry if my foregoing question was not precise enough.

Ciao, Fabian