[texhax] Fw: Re: WinEdt Question or Support Request

Irene Penesis I.Penesis at mte.amc.edu.au
Fri Jun 10 01:49:01 CEST 2005

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am facing a problem with my dvi viewer.  I contacted WinEdt and they think
your the best people to ask.

I am a registered user of WinEdt and have been for several years.
I am experiencing a problem with the dvi viewer.  Once the file has been
latexed, and the dvi screen pops up automatically, I get the following error
message:

"Some PostScript specials could not be rendered.  Do you want to see the
transcript of the Postscript interpreter? "

So, I click yes and the following message is displayed:

"Unrecoverable error: rangecheck in .putdeviceprops"

I click okay and I cannot see any of the image or dvi file.  I have done
nothing to experience this.  I have even tried to re-install WinEdt, Miktex,
Ghostscript, etc and the problem has not gone.

What can I do to fix this?

Many thanks for your support and forwarding reply,

Regards,

Irene Penesis
Australian Maritime College
Department of Maritime Engineering