[texhax] \newtheorem

Patric Glöde Patric.Gloede at t-online.de
Tue Jun 7 14:34:03 CEST 2005

Dear TeXhax,

is it possible to define \newtheorem environments such that the text
does not appear in italics? If for example I want to define an environment
\newtheorem{expl}{Example}[section]
I do not want to the text to appear in italics whereas in the environment
\newtheorem{thm}{Theorem}[section]
itatlics are OK. It may be necessary to use the \newenvironment command
.. is this really necessary? And is it then possible to adapt the
counter to the section counter?

Thanks for help!

Best regards

Patric Gloede

PS: Another question: How can I adapt the counter of the equations to
the section counter (so (1.1), (1.2) and so on instead of (1), (2) ...)?