[texhax] basic question on LaTeX code (fwd)

Morten Høgholm morten.hoegholm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 16:48:58 CEST 2005

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 19:42:51 +0200, Nathan Rollins <nhr2 at ee.byu.edu> wrote:

> If anyone has an explanation for the error explained below I would
> greatly appreciate your help!  Thanks!

Not surprising, as that definition assumes it's running on LaTeX2.09 which
has been obsolete for more than ten years. The object of this redefinition
is to ensure single line spacing within a float. I am certain that
setspace.sty has a better and more current way of handling this.

However you have to help it a little: Before \documentclass do a

\makeatletter
\let\LTX at xfloat\@xfloat
\makeatother

and then after \documentclass do the reverse

\makeatletter
\let\@xfloat\LTX at xfloat
\makeatother

Then load setspace.

In any case the document class you are using is not suited usage these
days. If you were told by someone to use it, tell them that LaTeX2e has
been around for a looong time...
--
Morten