[texhax] Wrapfig wrapup

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Sat Jul 9 07:10:07 CEST 2005

Hi, all,

I just want to tie off this loose end, and leave some useful
information for posterity.  I was having problems with 'wrapfig' (as
a suggested alternative to 'floatflt'; see the thread "Floatflt
question" for details).  Wrapfig's author, Donald Arseneau, took a
look at my problem, and diagnosed it as follows:

> It is a conflict with pdfsync.  The version I get from the official
> sourceforge,
> dated 2004-01-13 fails because it redefines \par.  You should try
> it with the [nopar] option.
>
> Another version at http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~leavens/include/
> pdfsync.sty
> dated 2004-12-17 has the \par hooks fixed up, and it works for me.

Both alternatives work for me, with both latex and pdflatex, as well
as with TeXShop (Mac OS X).

Regards,

Justin

--