[texhax] longtable/xcolor interaction

Justin Walker justin at mac.com
Mon Jan 31 00:39:10 CET 2005

> On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 11:10:32AM -0800, Justin Walker wrote:
> Hi, again,
>
>> When I try to typeset the lines shown below, I get an immediate
>> failure
>> (TeX capacity exceeded [input stack size=5000]).

Further experimentation shows a change in behavior if I remove the
"[\hline]" command from the "\rowcolors" command.

If this is present, I get the "capacity exceeded" error.

If I remove it (using "\rowcolors{1}{green!25}{green!{25}" instead), I
get the message "Extra alignment tab has been changed to \cr", pointing
to the "header" preceding the "\endfirsthead" command.

What that means, of course, is beyond me.

In addition, I found that (following hints from off-list) that changing
the TLchunksize to 1 and the input stack to 20000 had no effect on the
"Capacity exceeded" problem.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Justin

--
/~\ The ASCII           Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-at-Large
\ / Ribbon Campaign