[texhax] Page problems

Justin Walker justin at mac.com
Sat Jan 29 18:28:05 CET 2005

On Jan 29, 2005, at 6:22, William F. Adams wrote:

> On Jan 28, 2005, at 6:10 PM, Justin Walker wrote:
>
>> Typesetting this with LaTeX gives me a 2-page document with the first
>> page blank.  The table fits in one page, although it extends into the
>> footer, causing the page number to show up in the middle of the
>> table.  That's why 'nopageno' is present (thanks to the FAQ!).  This
>> was the only way I found around that problem.
>
> try instead
>
> \thispagestyle{empty}
>
> right after begin{document}

I got this one from the Companion, and found it didn't work (should
have mentioned this).  The page number shows up regardless of the
tricks I've tried.  The 'nopageno' package is the only thing I've found
that can remove the page number, and nothing seems to get rid of the
lead, blank, page.

Regards,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large  *
Institute for General Semantics        | It's not whether you win or