[texhax] Page problems

Justin Walker justin at mac.com
Sat Jan 29 00:10:23 CET 2005

Hi, all,

I've poked around in the FAQ and Companion2, without much success.  I
want to produce a 1-page table, using 'tabular' and 'xcolor'.  My doc
looks, roughly, like this:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage[table,dvipsnames]{xcolor}
\begin{nopageno}

\begin{document}
\begin{tabular}...\end{tabular}

\end{document}

with the xcolor commands sprinkled in and around the tabular sequence.

Typesetting this with LaTeX gives me a 2-page document with the first
page blank.  The table fits in one page, although it extends into the
footer, causing the page number to show up in the middle of the table.
That's why 'nopageno' is present (thanks to the FAQ!).  This was the
only way I found around that problem.

Any suggestions for getting rid of page 1?  I'm happy to provide more
specifics if it will help.

Regards,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large  *
Institute for General Semantics        |   If you're not confused,