[texhax] Question on latest TeXlive

Jurzitza, Dieter DJurzitza at harmanbecker.com
Fri Jan 28 13:01:53 CET 2005

Dear TeXnicians (so am I :-))
I am using TeXlive here on a sparc-linux basis. I recently wanted to update from TeXlive 7.0 to the latest release, however, this was not possible because my system here is based on a too old libc version I cannot upgrade.
For the sake of simplicity I would compile from scratch; however, I would like to know what parameters to configure are being used for compilation on linux so I can exchange the binaries only.
Could you be so kind to provide the configure call so I can duplicate this? Or maybe even the script you use to build the entire distribution (if possible / available for the public ...)?
Many many thanks for your efforts,
keep TeXing,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

HARMAN BECKER AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS

Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza
Manager Hardware Systems
   System Development

Industriegebiet Ittersbach
Becker-Göring Str. 16
D-76307 Karlsbad / Germany

Phone: +49 (0)7248 71-1577
Fax:   +49 (0)7248 71-1216
eMail: DJurzitza at harmanbecker.com
Internet: http://www.becker.de

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the contents in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.