[texhax] Boxes and indents

Stefan Björk stefan at raggmunk.nu
Thu Jan 27 18:25:51 CET 2005

I'd like to create a framed box right after a section header. The box
should use the entire column width (like \vbox do). The paragraph after
the box should have no indent, just like after a \section command. The
basic idea so far is something like:

   \newcommand{\infobox}[1]{\fbox{\vbox{#1}}

   \section{A new section}

   \infobox{A short description\\forced on two lines.}

   This is the section text...

The problems so far is (1) text inside \vbox is first-line-indented, (2)
the section text after the \infobox is also indented, and I would prefer
not to force this with \noindent.

For the moment, I have no clues and wonder if anyone could give me any
hints?

Stefan