[texhax] Protext vs. TexLive on new CD, advice please

Peter Flom flom at ndri.org
Thu Jan 20 17:33:28 CET 2005

Hello

I am currently using texLive and WinEdt on my Windows based machine.

I just got, in the mail, the TeX collection 2004.  It includes both
ProText and texLive.  From the documentation, it sounds like ProText is
more designed for Windows......although TeXlive is also available for
Windows. PorText includes an evaluation version of WinEdt, but I already
have a registered version.  It also has Ghostscript GSView, but I
already have these, as well.   I am confused.

What should I install?  What do I do with all my old files?  Do I need
to change things on WinEdt?

It'd be nice if there was a page on exactly how to update
painlessly.....

TIA

Peter

Peter L. Flom, PhD
Assistant Director, Statistics and Data Analysis Core
Center for Drug Use and HIV Research
National Development and Research Institutes
71 W. 23rd St
www.peterflom.com
New York, NY 10010
(212) 845-4485 (voice)