[texhax] Nice Angle brackets

Johan Glimming glimming at kth.se
Mon Feb 21 18:54:33 CET 2005

>>>     ___
>>>    /  /
>>>   \  \
>>>    \__\
>>
>> The problem is the topmost border, i.e. ^^ and __
>> above (I can do <\!\!< but two sides are missing).
>> Can someone advise me on how to type such an
>> angle bracket in LaTeX?
>
> have you had a look at the symbols list found on CTAN.

Unfortunately the closest I can find is \ll which is <<
or ifsym which suppoorts \textifsym{<D<} which gives
a space between them like this  (and ifsym is heavy-weight for this)

>>>     ___
>>>    /     /
>>>   /     /
>>>   \     \
>>>    \__   \

Somehow I need to stack the top _, the bottom _ and the << on each
other, however I am not sure what symbols to use for _ (top/bottom
respectively).

J.