[texhax] notes at end of book

John P. Burkett burkett at uriacc.uri.edu
Thu Feb 10 21:36:36 CET 2005

As Robin Fairbairns kindly suggested, the pagenote package does a good
job of printing notes at the end of a book, neatly arranged by
chapters.  To convert existing \footnote{} commands to \pagenote{}
commands, one can insert into the preamble the line
\renewcommand{\footnote}[2][1]{\pagenote{#2}}
This works well in simple cases. My book has some complications on which
pagenote stumbles, such as how to handle \url{} or \index{} in a note.
Perhaps its best just to leave notes at the bottom of pages where
readers and LaTeX both expect them.

--
John P. Burkett
Department of Economics