[texhax] i'm using natbib and chapterbib but cannot get thebibliographies to appear in separate chapters of the book?any ideas?

Philip G. Ratcliffe philipratcliffe at tiscali.it
Mon Feb 7 16:42:30 CET 2005

> Hi.  I'm doing \document{book}
> and I
> \include chapters of the book

Right, the \include is important (as Steve said).

> In each chapter I have a \bibliography
> in each chapter.  I am using
>
> \usepackage{chapterbib}
> \usepackage[sectionbib]{natbib}

Aha, you need \usepackage[sectionbib]{chapterbib} too.

> However, it does give me the bibliographies in the end of the chapter.

Well, they come out just wherever you put the \bibliography command (which
must, of course, be INSIDE the relevant unit).

> Each bibliography is different.

Why, are they supposed to be the same ???

One note that might be useful: if you use babel too, load it AFTER
chapterbib.

See also my reply to Steve's posting.

Cordialmente,  Philip G. Ratcliffe

Professor of Nuclear & Subnuclear Physics
Dipartimento di Fisica e Matematica
Università degli Studi dell'Insubria
via Valleggio 11
22100 Como (CO)