[texhax] characters in pdfinfo

Heba Soliman heba.soliman at hindawi.com
Thu Dec 22 08:17:58 CET 2005

Hello:

I want to insert an ASCII-character in pdfinfo, i.e.

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage[pdftex]{hyperref}
\hypersetup{
%
pdfauthor={B\'e\=r\^n\v{a}rd}
%
}
\begin{document}
Hello World!
\end{document}

The problems are:

(1) it doesn't make LaTeX processing to produce a
DVI-->PostScript-->PDF and deals only with pdflatex.

(2) and when I make pdflatex it deals only with the characters in
the character map, e.g., "AA????CE" and not with LaTeX characters
"B\'e\=r\^n\v{a}rd"

When I put the "pdftex" option in the "hyperref.cfg," I obtain
this message in the pdfauthor:

"Bunhbox voidb at x group let unhbox voidb at x setbox @tempboxa hbox
{eglobal mathchardef accent at spacefactor spacefactor }accent 19
eegroup spacefactor accent at spacefactor unhbox voidb at x group let
unhbox voidb at x setbox @tempboxa hbox {nglobal mathchardef
accent at spacefactor spacefactor }accent 94 negroup spacefactor
accent at spacefactor unhbox voidb at x group let unhbox voidb at x setbox
@tempboxa hbox {aglobal mathchardef accent at spacefactor spacefactor
}accent 20 aegroup spacefactor accent at spacefactor unhbox voidb at x
group let unhbox voidb at x setbox @tempboxa hbox {rglobal
mathchardef accent at spacefactor spacefactor }accent 21 regroup
spacefactor accent at spacefactor d Gonik"

I also used \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} but it only produces the
character "\'e".

So, please help me to do normal processing with Miktex and obtain
these characters in the description of pdfinfo.

I would appreciate if you confirm the receipt of this email.

Regards

Heba Soliman