[texhax] Font Search - ScienceTypeCustomPi

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Thu Dec 22 13:47:44 CET 2005

On Wednesday, December 21, 2005, at 06:23 PM, Karl Berry wrote:

> The ppi0* names come from the fontname document
> (http://tug.org/fontname), which lists the ScienceTypeCustomPi fonts as
> coming from Adobe.  Maybe you could check there?  (I'm sure they were
> never freely available, hence not on CTAN or TL.)

If uncertain organic memory serves, these were a custom version of
Agfa's Math Pi. There is not a ``ScienceType'' fontset in Adobe Font
Folio (I checked v7 and v8 as well as the new OpenType edition). The
numbering seems to jibe at any rate.

I'd compare a print to the file and see if you can puzzle out the
changes made.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain information
which is confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are
not the intended recipient(s), any usage,  dissemination, disclosure, or
action taken in  reliance on it is prohibited.  The reliability of  this
method of communication cannot be guaranteed.  Email can be intercepted,
corrupted, delayed, incompletely transmitted, virus-laden,  or otherwise
affected during transmission. Reasonable steps have been taken to reduce
the risk of viruses, but we cannot accept liability for damage sustained
as a result of this message. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it and notify the sender.