[texhax] Help with this error: "MiKTeX GPL Ghostscript 8.15: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1"

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Dec 12 23:10:37 CET 2005

  > Hello: I cannot find the solution for this problem:

  > MiKTeX GPL Ghostscript 8.15: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

Either Ghostscript is not set up properly or your eps files are
broken.

A common source of problems under Widows is to use the printer driver
to create PostScript.  In this case some (non-PostScript) control
sequences might be inserted which are understood by a printer but not
by a PostScript interpreter.

A PostScript file begins with "%!" (without the quotes), for instance

%!PS-Adobe-3.0

You can safely remove everything in front of it.

However, if Ghostscript reports "/invalidfileaccess" then there is a
problem with Ghostscript's new security features.

  > I cannot see my graphs in the dvi file.

I would expect this, if Ghostscript fails.  Do the eps files show up
in gsview properly?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25