[texhax] Index and Glossary?

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Thu Dec 8 17:30:15 CET 2005

Christopher W. Ryan :

> Don't know about a package, but could you just use your text editor's "search
> and replace" function to replace every occurence of "latex" with
> "\index{latex}"?

don't you mean "latex\index{latex}" ? otherwise 'latex' will not be
printed in the text ;-)

I don't thing either that a latex package exists to do this. One would
need some external program. But any ways, there will be some words one
does not want to have indexed... making a good index is almost an art
form.

/daleif

``You cannot help men permanently by doing for them
what they could and should do for themselves. ''
  -- Abraham Lincoln