[texhax] Problems with a two-sided report.

Steenbakkers, R.J.A. R.J.A.Steenbakkers at student.tue.nl
Wed Aug 31 10:29:37 CEST 2005

Hi,

I added the 'twoside' document class option to my report but now, whenever a section heading is shifted to the next page because it does not fit on the current page, latex inserts empty lines between paragraphs and around equations on the current page, until it is filled all the way to the bottom. I don't like the look of this. Is there any way to make latex just leave the empty lines at the bottom of the page?

And another thing: on an odd page, the left margin should be broader than the right margin (and vice versa on an even page) because of the space needed for binding. But latex does it exactly the other way round.

Any suggestions?

Greetings,

Rudi