[texhax] "padding" in tabular

Chris Bourke cbourke at cse.unl.edu
Thu Aug 25 16:22:23 CEST 2005

I've looked at several tutorials on everything you'd ever need to know
about the tabular environment, but none of them had an answer to this
question.  Of course we can add *horizontal* spacing in tabular cells by
setting the \tabcolsep value, but is there an equivalent length for
\tabrowsep?  That is, I want to add a little padding to the top/bottom of
each tabular cell.  Consider putting $\overline{(B \cap C)} in a cell--it
becomes very difficult to see the overbar when there is an hline above it.
I'd like to add a little padding to the top so that it becomes more clear.

Chris Bourke
cbourke at cse.unl.edu
http://www.cse.unl.edu/~cbourke