[texhax] unicode

Alexander Grahn A.Grahn at fz-rossendorf.de
Fri Aug 5 15:36:17 CEST 2005

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 03:13:25PM +0200, Karl Berry wrote:

>Sorry, but I've lost track of the original question.  What are you
>trying to accomplish?

I'm trying to expand my LaTeX-Package for generating PDF with embedded
multimedia. I want to add some hack written in JavaScript which might
workaround a bug of AdobeReader.

I want to write out a name tree into the document Catalog, mapping names
to object refs. The PDF-Spec says that name strings must be Unicode
formatted (actually Big Endian UTF16).

As the strings that I want to write out consist of [a-zA-Z0-9_] only,
every UTF16 representation of the character in question to be written
out is formed from a Zero byte x00 followed by the byte with the ASCII
code of the character, e. g.

A --> x0041
B --> x0042
etc.

Maybe there is a ready-made macro to do this. I didn't found one.

Alex