[texhax] Re: Issue 114, chemical structure list

John Simmie john.simmie at nuigalway.ie
Wed Apr 20 12:59:16 CEST 2005

Rodolfo:
I am not surprised that a TeX/LaTeX chemical structure mailing list is inactive
as it is a very clumsy system in general and is only worth using in extremis

There is excellent, chemically-intelligent freeware available, IsisDraw,
which both novices and experts use, which runs under Windows and can
be easily  inserted into your document or presentation.

It is capable of producing very high-quality structures, and is the software
of choice for professional chemists ....

John

At 11:02 20/04/2005, you wrote:
>Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:31:53 +0200
>From: "romeomedina\@libero\.it" <romeomedina at libero.it>
>To: "texhax" <texhax at tug.org>
>
>I've just begun using PPCHTeX to type chemical structure formulas.
>I tried to subscribe to the PPCHTeX mailing list
>at the address ntg-ppchtex at ntg.nl, but apparently
>the subscription was not successful and the mailing
>list itself seems to be inactive.
>Can maybe anyone suggest a place (if there is one)
>where to ask other users for help about PPCHTeX matters?
>Maybe the texhax mailing list itself?
>
>Thanks,
>Rodolfo

              Professor John M. Simmie
Chemistry Department & Environmental Change Institute
    National University of Ireland, Galway::Ireland