[texhax] Any PPCHTeX users out there?

romeomedina at libero.it romeomedina at libero.it
Fri Apr 15 23:16:40 CEST 2005

Hi.

I subscribed to both PPCHTeX and Tetex mailing lists to ask for help,
but they seem to be not active.

I freshly installed tetex-src-3.0.tar.gz in my Mandrakelinux 10.1 Community
box, in order to run PPCHTeX to type chemical structure formulas.
Now, if I run TeX (onto a file containing PPCHTeX pictures)
from within the directory /usr/local/teTeX/bin/i686-pc-linux-gnu,
where the executable file `tex' is present, everything goes fine;
instead, if I run TeX from my home directory, I get the message:

! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [text input levels=15].

Can anyone explain these two different behaviours and suggest how
to work the problem out?

Thanks indeed,
Rodolfo