[texhax] Phonetics - Italic fonts in MikTeX

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 12 22:58:06 CEST 2005

> I'm doing a project using MikTeX with lot many phonetic symbols. In this =
> project some where the symbols are in italics. I'm trying to do with =
> \textit command, but it's not working. Can anyone help me to do =
> phonetics symbols in italics and also pl. confirm whether the phonetic =
> italic fonts are available or not?

since you don't say which phonetic symbol package you're using, it's
impossible to guess what might be available to you.

the tipa package, aiui (i'm not a phoneticist), does the job properly,
and is well-integrated with latex.  i don't think any of the other
packages does integrate with latex, so wouldn't necessarily respond to
\textit (or any latex font command).