[texhax] Help bst file

Philip Ratcliffe philip.ratcliffe at email.it
Sat Apr 9 13:42:59 CEST 2005

> I would like to do it without taking a look at each time to the bib file.

Ok, maybe I should have been a little more explicit: BibTeX does not
normally "see" the periods in name abbreviations and so a name appearing in
the .bib file as R.M. Wald is interpretted as having a single first name
R.M., which it then abbreviates to R. As the documentation probably states
(but I don't have anything to hand right now) the corect format for names in
the .bib file is "first second surname" (or safer "surname, first second").

In other words, just edit your .bib file (once) and put it into standard
format by separating all compacted initals (any decent editting programme
will allow you to perform such a task in a jiffy).  Then you won't have to
look "each time" at your bib file.

Cheers,  Phil

 Sponsor:
 Rc auto Zuritel. Assaggia il frutto del risparmio. Clicca qui
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3177&d=9-4