[texhax] Double closed integral

Steve Schwartz s.j.schwartz at qmul.ac.uk
Thu Sep 2 17:19:02 CEST 2004

According to the Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List (which you can find on
at http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/symbols/comprehensive/ ), there
is:

\oiint in the wasysym package
\oiint in the mathabx package
\oiint in the txfonts / pxfonts package, together with \oiintclockwise
and a whole host of variants.

so

\usepackage{wasysym}

\oiint  dx dy

should work. If you don't like these, here's a kludge I've used for
years (but it doesn't scale in size with it's argument quite the way the
above are advertised to do)

\def\ess{\textsl S}
\def\dintcl{\int\limits_{\ess}\kern-0.7em\int\kern-1.4em\bigcirc\kern.7em}

Happy integrating...
Steve

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 14:31, Kotya Karapetyan wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> Can anyone help with typing the double closed integral
> sign? I've found the solution by Donald Arseneau (based on drawing an
> oval), but I cannot say I like it very much. Anything else?
>
> TIA,
>
> Kotya.

| Steve Schwartz               S.J.Schwartz at qmul.ac.uk            |
| Astronomy Unit                                                  |
| Queen Mary, Univ. of London  Tel: +44 (0)20 7882 5449           |
| Mile End Road                Fax: +44 (0)20 8983 3522           |
| London E1 4NS, UK            URL: www.space-plasma.qmul.ac.uk/  |