[texhax] Importing .eps files in LaTeX

uws uws at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 2 14:55:23 CEST 2004

På Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 12:27:41PM +0000, Arnoud Berkepas skrev:
> I have some figures I want to import in my LaTeX file. I already included
> the package "graphics". I'm trying to import some figures using the
> commands:
> \begin{figure}[p]
> \begin{center}
> \includegraphics{figuur1-uit-mayura.eps}
> \end{center}
> \end{figure}
> These commands are placed in the middle of my paper. I want the file to
> appear in this place. But that doesn't happen, it appears at the end of my
> paper.

Try to force the placement of the float "right here":

  \begin{figure}[!h]

If the float doesn't fit at the current posititon in the text, you may try
\clearpage to flush all floats in the queue.

> I've tried almost everything: scaling it, setting the box size, etc.
> I've got six pictures I want to put in my paper, but they all appear at the
> end of my paper. Can you please help me?

Is LaTeX complaining about "too many floats"?

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws at xs4all.nl

cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion       -- tool