[texhax] Importing .eps files in LaTeX

Arnoud Berkepas arnoudberkepas at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 1 14:27:41 CEST 2004

Dear sir/madam,

I'm working on my paper to graduate from University. I have a question about
importing .eps files in LaTeX. I hope I sent this question to the right
adress. If this is not the case, I'm sorry.

I have some figures I want to import in my LaTeX file. I already included
the package "graphics". I'm trying to import some figures using the
commands:
\begin{figure}[p]
\begin{center}
\includegraphics{figuur1-uit-mayura.eps}
\end{center}
\end{figure}
These commands are placed in the middle of my paper. I want the file to
appear in this place. But that doesn't happen, it appears at the end of my
paper. I've tried almost everything: scaling it, setting the box size, etc.
I've got six pictures I want to put in my paper, but they all appear at the
end of my paper. Can you please help me?

Thank you very much,

Arnoud Berkepas
student Artificial Intelligence at the University of Groningen, The
Netherlands