[texhax] Help with BiBTeX formatting

Ian Cumming IanC at ECE.ubc.ca
Sun Oct 31 02:55:17 CEST 2004

Dear TUG,

In our book using book.cls in MikTex, we are creating
a selected bibliograhy at the end using:

 \bibliographystyle{plain}
 \markboth{Digital Processing of SAR Data}{Selected Bibliography}
 \renewcommand{\bibname}{Selected Bibliography}
 \nocite{*}
 \bibliography{radar}

Can you please help me with 3 questions:
1. How to remove the numerical labels from the list
2. How to make the running headers initial capitals
    rather than all capitals
3. How to elevate the title "Selected Bibliography"
    to Chapter* status

I have tried editing the plain.bst file, but it does not
seem to cover these items.  I can do item manually by editing the
.bbl file, but I would like to do it auttomatically.

Tahnk you for your help.

Sincerely, Ian

--
Ian Cumming, Professor
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering