followup question Re: [texhax] custom \listoffigures

ian lee ianlee at usc.edu
Sun Oct 31 02:24:53 CET 2004

Thank you.  The good news is the list of figures now uses the first sentence of each caption.

The bad news are several. I used \caption{first}{first second} and the code below. The result includes (1) a centered caption instead of justified format, (2) additional LaTex errors that claimed the figure label used in the code below is undefined, and (3) the error message below.

**
**Exhibit A. The code that LaTex points to for errors:
**
\begin{figure}[htp]
\centerline{
 \subfigure[{pdf}]
           {\includegraphics[width=3in]{testpdfc}\label{testpdfc}}
 \hfil
 \subfigure[{CDF}]
           {\includegraphics[width=3in]{testCDFc}\label{testCDFc}}}%
  \caption{The SR probability density functions and cumulative
      distribution functions}{The SR probability density functions and
      cumulative density
       functions. (a) ....}
\label{fig10}
\end{figure}

**
**Exhibit B. The error message:
**

LaTeX Warning: Reference `fig10' on page 63 undefined on input line 1517.

[63]

! LaTeX Error: Too many unprocessed floats.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.1547 \begin{figure}[htp]

! Undefined control sequence.
\latex at xfloat ...vf \fi \global \setbox \@currbox
                                                  \color at vbox \normalcolor \...
l.1547 \begin{figure}[htp]

! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   \vbox
l.1547 \begin{figure}[htp]

<../eps/testpdfc.eps> <../eps/testCDFc.eps>
! Undefined control sequence.
\@largefloatcheck ->\ifdim \ht \@currbox
                                         >\textheight \@tempdima -\textheigh...
l.1574 \end{figure}

! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>

l.1574 \end{figure}

! Undefined control sequence.
<argument> \@currbox

l.1574 \end{figure}

! Argument of \@xnext has an extra }.
<inserted text>
                \par
l.1574 \end{figure}

Runaway argument?
\@currbox \@currlist \ifnum \count \@currbox >\z@ \advance \@pageht \@pagedp \E
TC.
! Paragraph ended before \@xnext was complete.
<to be read again>
                   \par
l.1574 \end{figure}

! Extra \else.
\subfig at end@float ...penalty \@floatpenalty \else
                                                  \vadjust {\penalty -\@Miv ...
l.1574 \end{figure}

! You can't use `\vadjust' in vertical mode.
\subfig at end@float ... at floatpenalty \else \vadjust
                                                  {\penalty -\@Miv \vbox {}\...
l.1574 \end{figure}

! Argument of \@xnext has an extra }.
<inserted text>
                \par
l.1574 \end{figure}

Runaway argument?
\@currbox \@currlist \ifnum \count \@currbox >\z@ \advance \@pageht \@pagedp \E
TC.
! Paragraph ended before \@xnext was complete.
<to be read again>
                   \par
l.1574 \end{figure}

LaTeX Warning: Reference `fig10' on page 64 undefined on input line 1590.

LaTeX Warning: Reference `fig10' on page 64 undefined on input line 1601.

! LaTeX Error: Too many unprocessed floats.

- Ian