[texhax] nar style

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 22 09:33:40 CEST 2004

> > nar.sty is a snare and a delusion -- it's written for latex 2.09 (it's
> > actually 16 years old), and as far as i can tell it does nothing for
> > you that current latex article.cls doesn't do.
> >
> > nar.bst i've not looked at.
> >
> > (i'll move nar.sty to the obsolete/ tree tomorrow morning -- can't do
> > it now -- my wife's already in bed...)
>
> Hmm.  The nar.sty that he is talking about is the one I built and use
> (successfully and I just tested it today!):
>
> http://www.lecb.ncifcrf.gov/~toms/latex.html
> and then
> ftp://ftp.ncifcrf.gov/pub/delila/nar.sty
>
> I suspect this is not the same file as the one you are looking at.

indeed it isn't.  i hope the op is listening :-)

however, the "snare and delusion" that i talked about, on ctan,
produces exactly the symptom reported.

i've moved the more recent of the two(!) instances of nar.sty on ctan
to the obsolete/ tree, and deleted the other.

which leaves a slot for you to submit your working version, should you
fancy the idea.  (see http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=uploads)

narfront.cls seems to be an elsevier ripoff; it points at your web
site: is it in any way official?

robin