[texhax] gv maintainer volunteer?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Oct 20 22:30:28 CEST 2004

The previous volunteer (Brett McCoy) for maintaining GV, the
PostScript/PDF previewer based on Ghostscript originally written by
Johannes Plass, hasn't had time to work on it for a year now, and has
said he'd be happy to hand it over.  (Ditto Johannes himself.)

So, would anyone here be interested in taking that job on?  It would be
nice to have it maintained again.

For starters, just making a new release with updated documentation and
framework files would be helpful, since it's been so many years.  I also
have a list of assorted bugs and wishlist items.

Brett set up a project for it at sourceforge (essentially empty).  It
could kept there, or moved to savannah.gnu.org, sarovar.org, whatever.

In the previous round, GV was dubbed a GNU project.  If you'd like to
volunteer to work on gv, but find that problematic, we can undub it.

If you're interested, please let me know.

Thanks,
karl