[texhax] IBM 437 Encoding

klists at saphor.de klists at saphor.de
Wed Oct 20 18:35:37 CEST 2004

Hi!

> I'm trying to convert some mainframe produced reports into pdf using
> pdflatex. These reports contain box drawing glyphs which are not defined in
> the standard cp427 encoding shipped with linux (RH8). I've looked all over
> but I cannot find an equivalent which includes the characters I need. These
> are mainly doublebox glyphs at hex(CE,C9,BA) etc.

Is this any different from the old DOS codepage 437 (the subject of
the mail speaks of cp437)? All of the glyphs of CP437 are in the UCS
for sure. A new iconv version should be able to handle such
files. iconv (GNU libc) 2.3.2, the version distributed with debian
testing systems certainly doesn't have any problems to convert these
to UTF-8.

Which fonts support this under TeX is a different question.

Best regards,

Marc