[texhax] Zapf Chancery (too large)

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Oct 5 18:14:16 CEST 2004

> In the FAQ site
> http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=scriptfonts
> I find details on how to build an fd file, but nothing about reducing the
> size.  Can someone point me to information on the best way to make the
> fonts somewhat smaller.

the faq has two .fd extracts (as it were).  the second one

\DeclareFontFamily{OT1}{pzc}{}
\DeclareFontShape{OT1}{pzc}{m}{it}%
             {<-> s * [0.900] pzcmi7t}{}
\DeclareMathAlphabet{\mathscr}{OT1}{pzc}%
                                 {m}{it}

gives you zapf chancery at 90% of its designed size.  i used that
value when writing the answer because it's what someone told me; it's
plainly easy to try alternative factors.