[texhax] multi line subrubric in curve

Pavel Minev Penev pavpen at berkeley.edu
Tue Oct 5 01:19:35 CEST 2004

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 12:26:51PM -0500, Sebastian Luque wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I'm using package curve for designing my CV, and need to have more than one
> line in some of the subrubrics. Otherwise the contents run off the margins.
> The documentation does not show how to do this, and using the standard '\\'
> command doesn't work. Any work-arounds?

Good Sebastian,

I hope someone has given you a satisfactory answer already.  Otherwise,
the sample cv demonstrates subrubrics that have proper multi-line
entries.  Are you using some box-ing command?  Or is the problem with
the length of title's text?  One quick solution that should work in
almost all problems with left-to-right mode is to use a
\parbox{width}{text} or, in some circumstances, a minipage environment.
For both of these, though, you need to calculate the width of the
multi-line text yourself.

Good luck,
--
Pav  http://www.larouchepub.com/eirtoc/2004/eirtoc_3125.html