[texhax] Tables in appendices

Ian Watson i.watson at econ.usyd.edu.au
Tue Nov 30 01:14:56 CET 2004

I have had no luck with a simple task, despite checking FAQ and a
couple of books.

I want the tables in my appendix to have the caption Table A1 etc
Table A2 etc.

I have tried the appendix package, but it does not provide this
functionality.

I have come across some syntax for figure numbers in
floats:

\renewcommand{\fnum at figure}{\texbf{Fig.~\thefigure}}

and tried my own version (without success):

\renewcommand{\tnum at table}{\texbf{Table A~\thetable}}

My invention of tnum at table (not knowing the correct term) may be the
problem.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

--
Kind regards,