[texhax] ifsym dice symbol

Russell.Ivory at merrickbank.com Russell.Ivory at merrickbank.com
Wed Nov 17 20:18:10 CET 2004

I'm trying to include dice in a probability document but I cannot get the
\Cube symbol to work.

By having
\usepackage[misc]{ifsym}
in the preamble, and
$P(\Cube{5} \cup \Cube{6})$
in the document it runs without error, but does not return dice.  Rather it
returns an upper case Greek Psi for \Cube{5} and an upper case Omega for
\Cube{6}.

I tried using a different group, i.e. [alpine] and the symbol \Tent returned
what looks to be a slashed zero (it could be a lower case Greek Phi) rather
than a tent figure.

I tried without math mode ($) but I get an error.  Has anyone experience
with ifsym, especially \Cube for dice?  Any thoughts are greatly
appreciated.

Russell Ivory
AVP Modeling Manager
Merrick Bank
Salt Lake City, UT
(801) 545-6640

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible
for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you
have received this e-mail in error, and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If
you received this e-mail in error, please return the e-mail to the sender at
Merrick Bank and delete it from your computer.  Although Merrick Bank
attempts to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee
that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained
as a result of viruses.