[texhax] Enumerating sentences in arguments to macros

Christer Thörn df03toch at ing.hj.se
Tue Nov 9 10:18:33 CET 2004

Hi all.

I'm trying to make some LaTeX-macros and would like to extract the first
sentence of an argument to my macro. Is it possible to somehow enumerate
the sentences in an argument?

What I currently have:
\newcommand{\mycommand}[1]
{
	\someothercommand{#1}
}

What I want:
\newcommand{\mycommand}[1]
{
	\someothercommand[<First sentence from #1 up to first ".")>]{#1}
	\someothercommand[<Second sentence from #1 from first "." up to second
".">]{#1}
}

If someone could offer hints or suggestions on how to accomplish this,
it would be most appreciated. Or just point me to the appropriate
LaTeX-FAQ entry and make a snide remark about my obvious lack of skills
in searching documentation.

Thanks
--
Christer Thörn