[texhax] Theorems

Robert Sherry rsherry8 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 9 05:28:22 CET 2004

    Before posting my question, I want the group to know that I did check
the FAQ on the website: www.tex.ac.uk. However, I was not able to get the
information I wanted. I also want to thank the group for their excellent

    I am developing a set of notes using LaTeX. These notes include theorems
which I typeset use the \begin{theorem} and \end{theorem} commands. I find
these commands work very nicely. LaTeX generates theorem numbers starting at
1.
I would like to start the theorem numbers at 4. Is there any way to do this?

                                Robert Sherry