[texhax] question regarding memoir

Philip G. Ratcliffe philipratcliffe at tiscali.it
Wed Jun 30 21:45:49 CEST 2004

> Thanks for your note. Yes, I already had read through that part of the
> manual, but still don't understand it well enough to use it.

Hmm.

Well, on page 105 you'll find:

  \maxtocdepth{<secname>}
  \settocdepth{<secname>}

While it admittedly doesn't explicitly say what to put as <secname>, a
little further down the page you'll find:

  "By default, the class sets \maxtocdepth{section}."

So you might guess at, say,

  \settocdepth{paragraph}  or  \settocdepth{subsection}

if you want the table of contents to include paragraphs or subsections.

Moreover, as suggested by Robin, you might try the LaTeX FAQ: number 192 of
the current version tells you that the tocdepth counter controls the depth
of inclusion (although it doesn't explicitly say what number correspnds to
what level - tut, tut, Robin).  So, \setcounter{tocdepth}{4}, for example,
will change the depth from the default (2).

Cordialmente,  Philip G. Ratcliffe