[texhax] postscript printing

tom sgouros tomfool at as220.org
Thu Jun 24 14:52:24 CEST 2004

 >On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:31:05 +0100, Robin Fairbairns wrote:

>> But then why do postscript images created in R are perfectly visible on the
>> dvi file created by latex'ing the original '.tex' file?

> i presume "r" (which i've never used) is _only_ producing images (rather
> than complete documents, as oo is capable of), so confusingly creates
> eps when it says it's producing ps.

I can't speak to the rest of this topic, since I remain fairly
confused about it, too.  But I can confirm that while R *says* it
produces PS, it actually produces EPS files.  The R authors do admit
this, but they do it in an aside deep in the documentation.

If anyone on the list wanted to clarify the distinction for the
benighted among us, I, for one, would be interested and grateful.

-tom