[texhax] \pagestyle{fancy} for the page with \tableofcontents

Pavel Minev Penev pavpen at berkeley.edu
Thu Jun 24 02:46:07 CEST 2004

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 06:32:53PM +0100, Christer Thörn wrote:
> Hi.
>
> How come the page on which I specify \tableofcontents doesn't get the
> fancy style from fancyhdr? It's fancy on the pages surrounding the page
> with \tableofcontents, but even if I specify \thispagestyle{fancy}, my
> little footrule won't show up... Any ideas?

It seems that you are using \documentclass{book} in which case
\tableofcontents is typeset on a \thispagestyle{plain} (like all chapter
title pages).  Of course, \thispagestyle{fancy} is not going to work
since you can execute it either before or after the table of contets has
been typeset (\tableofcontents is one command, isn't it?)  In short:
redefine the plain pagestyle (try \fancypagestyle{plain}{...} or
redefine \ps at plain, and/or read the documentation of fancyhdr).

See you,
--
Pav

http://www.againsttcpa.com/  ,.,    My type: Dvorak.
http://swpat.ffii.org/     ,``:'',
                           {o ! o}
Gain your human right of   ] -+- [  My GPG/PGP key is now available at
privacy: use cryptography!  \ ! /   x-hkp://search.keyserver.net:11371.
                             `-'
`shell$ gpg --keyserver x-hkp://search.keyserver.net:11371 --recv-key 164C028F`