[texhax] Help with importing R file

tom sgouros tomfool at as220.org
Thu Jun 3 22:07:17 CEST 2004

 >On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 14:14:12 -0400, Karl Berry wrote:

> Is R generating a PDF file, or an EPS file?

R generates EPS files, even though the R documentation mostly refers
to them as PS files.

> If you can get R to generate an EPS file, then that should work with
> latex + dvi.

And this does work with some DVI viewers.  Xdvi, for example, has no
trouble displaying R-generated PS files brought in with
\includegraphics, though you can tell the software deals with
postscript more or less under protest, since certain features don't
work.  But I don't use the Win software, and apparently that's what's
at issue.

Is there a different place Peter could ask about DVI viewer shortcomings?

-tom