[texhax] Help

Federico Perea perea at us.es
Wed Jun 2 10:14:25 CEST 2004

Dear Sir or Madam:

First of all I would like to apoligice in advance because I do not know
if this is the right address to make a Latex question. I hope it is.

I'm a Latex-WinEdt user from the University of Seville and lately I'm
having a problem when compiling I hadn't had before. The thing is that I
cannot view the figures I want. I normally save them as .bmp files, and
when compiling the Latex compilator says that the file .bb  has not been
found, what does it mean?

For instance: if I write a code like this

\usepackage{graphicx} % in the preamble

\begin{figure}[hbt]
\begin{center}
\includegraphics[width=15cm, height=15cm]{metro_sevilla.bmp}
\end{center}
\caption{\ Future Sevilla Underground. \label{figura_metro}}
\end{figure}

the compiler would say:

Latex error: File 'metro_sevilla.bb' not found. And after pressing
"enter" it would say that it cannot determine the size of the file
'metro_sevilla.bmp'.

I have asked and I really don't know what to do. Could you please help me?

Sincerely,

Federico Perea.

--
Federico Perea Rojas-Marcos
Becario del Departamento de Estadística e IO
e-mail: perea at us.es

-->Management Mathematics for European Schools:<--
click: http://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/~mamaeusch/