[texhax] marginal note for paper-fold mark

tom sgouros tomfool at as220.org
Mon Jan 5 07:24:53 CET 2004

 >On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 00:07:26 +0000, Calum Mackay wrote:

> Would anyone know how I might, with LaTeX, print some paper fold marks
> at an arbitrary place on the paper? I'm happy to calculate the positions
> myself, if necessary, I just don't know how to say "print a marginal
> mark (x, y) inches from the top-left corner of the paper. Any ideas?

You can do this by putting a picture environment in a page footer or
header.  Try something like this:

\makeatletter
\def\@oddhead{\hspace{-85pt}\raisebox{-650pt}[0pt][0pt]{%
\setlength{\unitlength}{1in}
\begin{picture}(7.0,10)(0,0)%
\put(0.0,0.0){\line(1,2){5.0}}
\end{picture}}}
\makeatother

This is set up to measure from somewhere in the lower left of the
page, but you can fiddle with all the numbers to get the lines to land
where you like.

Hope this helps,

-tom