[texhax] Help

Philip G. Ratcliffe philipratcliffe at tiscali.it
Fri Jan 2 22:43:33 CET 2004

First of all, this is a VVVFAQ and a look through previous posting would
have found the answer (already repeated many, many times).  Try looking up
Q.98 "Imported graphics in PDFLATEX" in the present
http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq, or read on ...

> I would appreciate your help to resolve the following problem I have
working
> with WinEdt.

This has nothiing to do with WinEdt, which does, incidentally, have its own
list.

> The attached sample file calls for .eps files (through the personal .sty
file)
> - I latex it and see it properly with the .dvi viewer.

Because Yap can handle .eps input.

> - When I run .dvi to .pdf I get a .pdf file without the logo (.eps files).
Why ?

Because (and this is THE VVVFAQ) .pdf can't handle .ps gthey need to be
converted properly.

> - The .dvi to .ps works fine.

Because .eps files are ok for a .ps output.

> - The .ps to .pdf works OK but then I have some problems with some fonts.
>   see for example line 9: 28 Rue de....   Why ?

You didn't include your .pdf output.  But I would guess you didn't use all
of the necessary options for creating the .ps file.  These are:  -P
pdf -G0 -t A4 (you can give them in the window that opens in WinEdt for
dvips).

Alternatively, convert your .eps to .pdf (or .png or .jpg), insert those and
then use pdflatex.

Cordialmente,  Philip G. Ratcliffe